Re: Doxygen has 3 RC bugs preventing packages to build - is droping documentation a sensible option?

On 10/28/2016 02:40 PM, Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 28, 2016 at 01:18:37PM +0100, James Cowgill wrote:
>>
>> I just tried building the version of cimg in its git repo and it worked
>> fine...
>>
>> It looks like the % and & handling was fixed in doxygen 1.8.12 which is
>> in unstable. I expect there is a bug somewhere involving URL fragments,
>> but it no longer affects cimg.
>
> Ahhhh, thanks for pointing this out.  From this point of view I could
> probably even close #836168 and use a versioned Build-Depends for cimg.
> However, I'm wondering the following:  If doxygen is RC buggy (#818379,
> #818787) and the needed version will not make it to testing (no idea why
> doxygen 1.8.11 remained in testing despite the RC bugs) cimg can not be
> build in testing ... and may be the to be released stable.  This sounds
> wrong to me.

doxygen was not autoremoved from testing due to the large number of
packages relying on it, it is among the key packages excluded from
testing autoremoval, see:

 https://udd.debian.org/cgi-bin/key_packages.cgi

Kind Regards,

Bas