Re: openssl transition

Hello,

On 27 October 2016 at 11:40, Jörg Frings-Fürst
<debian@jff-webhosting.net> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have read the discussion about the openssl transition here again.
>
> One of the last notes was to be used openssl 1.0 and 1.1 in parallel
> because of the non-trivial changes.
>
> So I have some questions:
>
> - The parallel use of release 1.0 and 1.1 will not be pursued?
>
> - Why is the transition started with 0 (zero) good packages (from 552)?

I do not see that a transition has started.

There are bug reports tagged for the transition:
https://udd.debian.org/cgi-bin/bts-usertags.cgi?tag=openssl-1.1-trans&user=pkg-openssl-devel-request%40lists.alioth.debian.org
https://udd.debian.org/cgi-bin/bts-usertags.cgi?tag=openssl-1.1-trans-keypkg&user=pkg-openssl-devel-request%40lists.alioth.debian.org

There is 1.1 openssl in experimental:
https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/openssl

This did trigger an automated transition tracker to be created:
https://release.debian.org/transitions/html/auto-openssl.html

But do note that "This tracker was setup by a very simple automated
tool. The tool may not be very smart..."

However no transition has started. Transitions only start once the new
ABI is uploaded into unstable, which has not happened.

--
Regards,

Dimitri.