Bug#841301: ITP: libwlc -- wlc a compositor library for Wayland
Owner: Stefanos Boglou <email@example.com>
* Package name : libwlc
Version : 0.0.6
Upstream Author : Jari Vetoniemi <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* URL : https://github.com/Cloudef/wlc
* License : MIT
Programming Lang: C
Description : A compositor library for Wayland
This is a compositor library for Wayland.
Wayland is a computer protocol that specifies the communication between
a display server (called Wayland cimpositor) and its clients. It aims to
replace X protocol soon(r).
Currently only weston is packaged in Debian, this should allow easier
packaging/development for window managers that depend
on this library (among others an almost drop-in replacement for i3).
It is a requirment for the following window managers:
* orbment - Modular Wayland compositor
* ocaml-loliwm - Translation of loliwm to OCaml
* sway - i3-compatible window manager for Wayland
* way-cooler - customizeable window manager written in Rust
There are bindings for the following languages:
* ocaml-wlc - OCaml (experimental)
* go-wlc - Go
* rust-wlc - Rust
* swc - A library for making a simple Wayland compositor
* libwlb - A Wayland back-end library
* libweston - Weston as a library
The official name is "wlc" but wlc name is taken by another package
not related to this one.