Re: When should we https our mirrors?

TL;DR: Would we now recommend deb.d.o over httpredir.d.o for production
use e.g. in base images (including for Jessie)?

On Sun, 2016-10-16 at 09:11 +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> httpredir.d.o is not well maintained

There still seems to be general grumbling (including a persistent drip
of CI failures and the odd end user bug report) at $dayjob about
failures which are ultimately down to the use of httpredir in the base
container images.

> deb.d.o is backed by two commercial CDNs,

Have we gotten to the point where we consider deb.d.o suitable for
production use? The web page still says Experimental (so I would assume
"not production yet") and I'm not really sure if there will be a
distinction between >=Stretch and <=Jessie in this regards. It looks
like Jessie and earlier get a fallback mode of operation, but is that
mode of operation suitable to be recommended for production?

If not deb.d.o then what would people recommend these days?

Ian.