Re: Porter roll call for Debian Stretch
- To: Moritz Mühlenhoff <email@example.com>
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Porter roll call for Debian Stretch
- From: Adrian Bunk <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2016 21:12:32 +0300
- Message-id: <[🔎] firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- References: <20160817200524.C2E2331E@bendel.debian.org> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <CA+7wUswWmq7um2FHX7noMc0UxQr=_zY3OxCxLkFk2d-c0W-qhA@mail.gmail.com> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
[ adding debian-powerpc ]
On Sun, Oct 09, 2016 at 06:54:44PM +0200, Moritz Mühlenhoff wrote:
> Niels Thykier <email@example.com> schrieb:
> > If I am to support powerpc as a realease architecture for Stretch, I
> > need to know that there are *active* porters behind it committed to
> > keeping it in the working. People who would definitely catch such
> > issues long before the release. People who file bugs / submit patches etc.
> https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=832931 is about
> a powerpc-specific build failure of mariadb in stable. The maintainer
> said he can't work on it, so if anyone considers himself/herself a
> powerpc porter, this is something to look it.
Can you give a hint what exactly should be looked at?
The bug did not make it clear that there is any problem left at all when
I looked at it recently.
The last message was closing the bug.
There was a control command reopening the bug without giving any
rationale, but the last control command was
fixed 832931 10.0.27-1
buildd.debian.org says that 10.0.27-0+deb8u1 was installed on jessie.
If there is a problem left somewhere it is well-hidden, and not visible
immediately when looking at the bug - I thought this was already resolved.
"Is there not promise of rain?" Ling Tan asked suddenly out
of the darkness. There had been need of rain for many days.
"Only a promise," Lao Er said.
Pearl S. Buck - Dragon Seed