Re: Porter roll call for Debian Stretch

On Sat, Oct 01, 2016 at 01:17:54PM +0100, Ben Hutchings wrote:
> This is not at all true.  My experience is that IBM doesn't even build-
> test 32-bit configurations, as evidenced by several stable updates
> causing FTBFS in Debian.
>
> Which are very different from the Power Macs and similar platforms that
> most Debian powerpc users care about.

Well a number of those embedded systems are in fact using Debian powerpc.
They do care.

The powermacs on the other hand I would think are hardly used anymore.
But that may just be my impression because I never cared about them in
the first place.   They weren't relevant to me. :)

I would not be surprised if there are more embedded freescale based
powerpc systems running debian out there than powermacs, but maybe I
am under estimating how many powermac users are still out there running
debian.

--
Len Sorensen