Re: experience with nitrokey?

On 27/09/16 21:46, Thomas Koch wrote:
> I'm considering to buy a Nitrokey to put my GPG key used for Debian on it:
> https://www.nitrokey.com
>
> Can I also put my SSH key on the Nitrokey?
>
> Would this be a good idea? Which key would you recommend? Can you point to any
> review from people you trust?
>
> Thank you, Thomas

I've not used the Nitrokey but I do own a couple of FST-01 Gnuks. The
"Nitrokey start" hardware is based on the FST-01 hardware and uses the
Gnuk firmware.

I've only programmed the Gnuk via the STLink device, never tried the USB
firmware upgrade process and there was a recent thread about this not
quite working on the Nitrokey start.

https://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/gnuk-users/2016q3/thread.html

As far as the Gnuk goes, I have my 4096 gpg key on it and use it for
both gpg and ssh authentication. The Nitrokey start should be pretty
similar.

Firmware is available @ http://www.fsij.org/category/gnuk.html

Regards,

Gary