Newer version of xz-utils for Stretch / NMU a wishlist bug

Hi,

we have xz-utils 5.1.1alpha+20120614 since Wheezy. Upstream ist at
5.2.2 right now. There is a wishlist bug #731634 [0] asking for
something newer. By the end of JAN I prepared a 5.2.2 package and
pointed Jonathan to it and from his response he liked it.
Now. A few people pinged about an upload since. I don't mind waiting a
month or two longer for a new version to hit the archive if now is a bad
time. But if nothing happens in that time we might get into the freeze
phase first.
Any suggestions on how to proceed?

[0] https://bugs.debian.org/731634

Sebastian