Re: Automating importing sso certificates into chromium/chrome

On 10.09.2016 18:05, Enrico Zini wrote:
> I manually generated a new certificate with sso.debian.org, then
> combined them into a PEM:
>
>    cat enrico.crt enrico.key > enrico.pem
>
> I then tried to import them into chromium using certutil:
>
>    certutil -d sql:/home/enrico/.pki/nssdb  -A -i enrico.pem -n sso.debian.org -t u -u C
>
> But the certificate shows up in chrome://settings/certificates under
> "Other" instead of "Your Certificates".
>
> I could not find any combination of -t and -u that would make the
> certificate show up in the right place.
>
> Is there a way to do it automatically with certutil? If so, The process
> of enrolling with chrome could be easily scripted.

Did you try pk12util with a PKCS#12 file (bundle of key and certificate)
already? (-d, -i as above, and -W for the password of the PKCS#12 file,
which can be the empty string.)

Probably something like "openssl pkcs12 -export -inkey enrico.key -in
enrico.crt -name enrico -out enrico.p12" and something for the password
to generate the PKCS#12 blob.

Kind regards
Philipp Kern