Re: [Request] Is there any way to get the full source codes of Debian?

On Thu, Sep 08, 2016 at 10:35:03AM +0200, Matthieu Caneill wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 08, 2016 at 04:22:58PM +0900, 우승훈 wrote:
> > I can download a lot of full source code of open source project
> > easily, however, in Debian case, I cannot find the full source code.
> > If is it possible, could you tell me how to get the full source
> > codes of Debian? ( Especially jessie ver. )Repeatly, I will not use
> > the source code commercially or any other purpose, just for the
> > researching.

You might be interested in the Debsources Dataset, which is a curated
scientific dataset, extracted from the Debsources web application that
Matthieu already mentioned. It contains all Debian source code and more.

You can find the dataset described in this (preprint) paper
https://upsilon.cc/~zack/research/publications/debsources-ese-2016.pdf ,
to appear in Springer Empirical Software Engineering. A corresponding
BiBTeX entry is available at:
https://upsilon.cc/~zack/research/publications/debsources-ese-2016.bib .

Using that dataset you can download all the deduplicated source code of
Debian stable releases dating back to almost 2 decades as a (small) set
of (big) tarballs, accompanied by a Postgres DB with related all of them
together, to releases, and to other computed metadata.

Note that, while we finalize the actual upload to Zenodo[*], the dataset
is available from the temporary URL:
http://sources.debian.net/static/emse-2015/

Hope this helps,
Cheers.

[*]: long story, they are in the process of migrating to a new mechanism
     that will allow to upload datasets this big autonomously, whereas
     the current setup requires manual intervention to do so
--
Stefano Zacchiroli . zack@upsilon.cc . upsilon.cc/zack . . o . . . o . o
Computer Science Professor . CTO Software Heritage . . . . . o . . . o o