Re: Does anybody plan to keep using sbuild with Squeeze or older chroots?

On Wed, Aug 17, 2016 at 07:24:51PM +0200, Johannes Schauer wrote:

> does anybody plan to use sbuild in Stretch with Debian Squeeze or older
> chroots?
>
> I would like to remove some code from sbuild which is only useful for chroots
> with very old apt inside (specifically apt without support for [trusted=yes] in
> the sources.list). Maintaining this piece of code takes lots of time and
> testing otherwise, which I would avoid if it doesn't have users anymore.
>
> If you still want to be able to use Squeeze chroots for some reason, please
> shout!

I would just go ahead and remove the support for squeeze chroots. It's
oldoldstable what we are talking about.

In the case of sbuild, it is a lot more interesting the ability to
build packages for testing and unstable from stable, which we already
enjoy thanks to backports, than this weird backwards compatibility you
mention now.

Thanks.