Re: Running without swap messages]

On Thu, Jul 21, 2016 at 04:24:36PM +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:
> Uhhh.  You run your systems with no swap at all ?
>
> That's your prerogative, of course.  But it's far from a default (or
> recommended) configuration.  I think that if you configure your system
> without swap, it is up to you do whatever else is necessary to make it
> work.  That might involve making /tmp not be on a tmpfs (if it is the
> default for some reason).

I run my laptop without swap and with /tmp on tmpfs; I have 16G RAM. I
have not noticed problems. I do this because I'm using a single SSD and
I'd rather not end up hammering the SSD if something is doing insane
things with memory. I'd assumed this was a reasonable configuration
these days - am I misinformed?

J.

--
101 things you can't have too much of : 3 - Sleep.