Orphaning the fedmsg stack (packages + infra) [was: Re: Status of fedmsg for the Debian infrastructure]

* Simon Kainz <skainz@debian.org> [2016-07-14 15:03:56 +0200]:

> Hello,
>
> in the QA BoF at DC16 fedmsg was briefly mentioned, and I only found
> [0], but could not find out what happened to the project. Has somebody
> some more information about this?
>
> [0] https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2013/04/msg00764.html

Hi Simon,

fedmsg (the software stack) is currently unmaintained in Debian, and I was
about to orphan the packages as soon as I came back from vacation.

The infrastructure that creates fedmsg events from Debian events is currently
kind of working, which means I sometimes restart the service when someone pings
me about it. DSA has provided a virtual machine to move this to Debian
infrastructure, but I haven't had the time, nor seen the interest from others,
to do the migration.

Basically, I'm giving up. It was a nice idea, but it seems that people actually
like parsing emails. If you want to take over, I'd be glad to let you do so. I
know from a corridor discussion at DebConf that there might be some interest
from the NM team if the Debian integration is revived.

Sadly,
--
Nicolas Dandrimont

Dijkstra probably hates me