Installer of Debian Stable allows to use btrfs for /, does it mean it's mature enough to use safely?

I value stability of a FS over other considerations like shiny new features and performance. I know that Debian Stable includes only that versions of software that were considered rock-solid and mostly bug-free. But on the other hand I read documentation for version of a Linux kernel of Debian Stable and it says that btrfs is under heavy development and isn't suitable for any uses other than benchmarking and review. Proof-link: https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-stable.git/tree/Documentation/filesystems/btrfs.txt?id=refs/tags/v3.16.36

I'm really confused, I don't know whom to believe.