Re: howto avoid "apt-get update" going guru?

Tollef Fog Heen wrote:
> I personally recommend using deb.debian.org.

That works nicely, thanks!  Seems to have decent performance.

I couldn't find any announcement or documentation of this, other than
that on the site itself, though I did find a use of it in a recent
announcement of dbgsym packages.

Does the CDN this uses download and cache packages on first request?
Because I noticed when testing it that if I requested a package
reasonably unlikely to have already been fetched, it would hang at "0%
[Waiting for headers]" for a long time (minutes).  But if I reattempted
that same package later, it would download just fine.

- Josh Triplett