Re: Request for feedback: systemd backport for jessie

* Brian [Tue Jul 05, 2016 at 08:16:34PM +0100]:
> On Tue 05 Jul 2016 at 20:46:07 +0200, Elimar Riesebieter wrote:
> > * Michael Prokop <mika@debian.org> [2016-07-05 17:34 +0200]:

> > > here at DebConf I've been working on a backport of systemd for jessie.
[...]

> > Are you aware of the 'Thinking about a "jessie and a half" release'
> > thread at debian-devel [0]?
> > [0] https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2016/07/msg00054.html

I am aware, though my work started before the "jessie and a half"
thread was started on debian-devel. It's also not yet clear to me
what a "jessie and a half" release would mean in terms of package
version selection (will packages be uploaded explicitly to p-u or
s-p-u, or are backports automatically chosen etc?).

But:

> I am aware of it. What bearing has it on working on providing a backport
> of systemd for jessie (which I would agree with)? Improving the systemd
> experience on Jessie can only be for the good of its users.

... was my point about it, to improve the ecosystem and experience
for systemd on jessie.

regards,
-mika-
--