Re: Bits from the DPL -- June 2016

Hi,

On 27/06/2016 20:52, Jonathan Wiltshire wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 27, 2016 at 06:10:00PM +0200, Mehdi Dogguy wrote:
>> Newmaint delegation revoked
>> ===========================
>>
>> The Newmaint team is responsible of checking new Debian Maintainers
>> applications, and ask addition of the applicants keys to the Debian
>> Maintainers keyring.
>
> Could you please clarify exactly which delegation is being revoked? I do
> not recognise the "Newmaint" team.
>
> debian.org/intro/organization list:
>  - New Members Front Desk (administrative; un-delegated by neilm)
>  - Debian Account Managers
>  - Debian Maintainer Keyring maintainers
>
> I'm assuming you refer to the last one in that list.

I am sorry if it was not clear and it is indeed the last one. I thought it
was clear enough given the context described in my email (Newmaint, Debian
Maintainers, etc...). Besides, we will probably stop listing it in the
organization page as "Debian Maintainer Keyring maintainers" since the
sole keyring maintainers Debian has nowadays are keyring-maint.

I hope this clarifies things.

--
Mehdi