Re: Package removal from testing for bug in stable

* Eugene Zhukov <eugene@debian.org>, 2016-06-17, 10:31:
The package is marked for autoremoval from testing, however the RC[1] bug is reported against version in stable (testing has a newer version, without a bug).

How autoremoval is relevant in this case?

[1] Although my question is generic, #826864 triggered this question

According to the bug log, you haven't managed to reproduce the bug. So how do you know the newer version is not affected by it?

NB, at first glace it doesn't look like a problem with epubcheck itself, but with binfmt (jarwrapper?).

I don't know anything about Java, but relying on binfmt seems awfully brittle to me.

--
Jakub Wilk