Re: OpenSSL 1.1.0

On Sat, Jun 11, 2016 at 08:33:07PM +0300, Antti Jarvinen wrote:
> Kurt Roeckx writes:
>  > The release of OpenSSL 1.1.0 is getting nearer.
>
> Thanks for the warning, I'm finding myself listed.. For the
> problematic package I maintain the API changes are already fixed
> upstream but is there any idea about schedule when (at latest) the
> fixing version should be included?

I have no schedule currently about when we're going to release
openssl.  We're already behind our own release schedule, but we're
only fixing things at the moment.

I don't want to maintain an openssl 1.0.2 package, so I assume
that soon after the transition starts you'll have to get your
package fixed to stay in testing, but that's clearly something I
need to discuss with the release team.

Kurt