Re: trying to use wireless not from gnome... what's the incantation?

 ❦ 23 mai 2016 12:10 +0200, Adam Borowski <kilobyte@angband.pl> :

>> > NM is closely tied to Gnome so regressions in non-Gnome use aren't
>> > surprising.
>> Login in Gnome once, activate wifi and ask that the connection should be used by
>> all users.
>> Then NM will save the password some were so that it connect without user login.
>
> Right... so you say non-Gnome users should keep a Gnome installation just to
> enter the wifi password, and log out+log in to Gnome whenever they visit a
> new place (which on a laptop means, quite often) then log out+log in back to
> their regular environment?  I think I'll pass.

NM is one of the few tools that needs nothing from Gnome to work. In my
environment, only the prompt for the password doesn't work. At some
point, I was using polkit-gnome-authentication-agent-1 to get the
prompt, but now, I just open nm-connection-editor and enter the password
here.
--
For a light heart lives long.
		-- Shakespeare, "Love's Labour's Lost"