Re: using whiptail and translated strings from arbitrary scripts

Hi,

On Wed, Apr 27, 2016 at 02:29:19PM +0000, Bas Wijnen wrote:
> Debian translators just translate packaging texts.  Everything else is done by
> upstream (which can be the same people, but it is not organized by Debian
> AFAIK).

I am not sure but my impression is that the i18n team seems to translate
not only dbconf but upstream po files too.
  https://www.debian.org/international/
  https://www.debian.org/international/l10n/po/rank
  https://www.debian.org/international/l10n/po/fr (and similar)

As long as po files are organized in the normal place of the source tree
and the package is rated interesting enough to be translated for i18n
folks, you will get nice i18n bug reports with po files.

I usually add such po files as debian changes when I get them and also
forward such po files to the upstream.

Osamu