wired unmanaged in latested testing.

Hi all. Having a strange problem while using the testing repose. I installed from the testing image which I retreaved yesterday. I then installed gnome after setting up and installing the base system. Now here is the strange problem. I go to the top panle in the latesed gnome 3.20 and see that there wired is unmanaged. Yet I can brows the internet, check email with icedove and even update packages with the terminal with sudo apt-get update. If how ever I try to use package updater or evelusion I am unable to do anythikng as I am told that I have no connection. How can I fix this or should I try to report this as a bug? I am using orc 3.20.0 with all updates installed. Thanks.

Matthew