Re: How to build using phing [debian/control]

On Sun, May 01, 2016 at 12:12:20PM -0300, SamuelOPH wrote:
> Hi, I'm currently trying to package a software that uses phing as its build
> system, the problem is that when i run debuild it tries to build using ant,

The debhelper ant buildsystem detects whether ant should be used by
testing for the presence of build.xml, which apparently phing also uses.
Perhaps it should be taught to be more fine-grained in some way.

> so in short, what should i do to force the use of phing? Or is there some
> other way we're building packages that depends on phing?
>
> I've tried add phing to the Build-Depends list but it didn't work, is there
> some dh i have to override in debian/rules to do so? If yes, could you
> point me which one?

Unless there's a debhelper add-on for phing, which there doesn't appear
to be, you'll need to override dh_auto_build and dh_auto_clean to use
phing rather than ant.  This will be in addition to the Build-Depends on
phing.

If this starts being widespread, then you might consider writing a
debhelper add-on yourself, although it's unlikely to be worth the effort
for just one package.