Re: a poll for Dgit workflows

On Wed, Mar 23 2016, Adam Borowski wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 23, 2016 at 12:57:59PM -0700, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>> On Wed, Mar 23 2016, Adam Borowski wrote:

>>         And creates a source package that does not correspond to my
>>  repository. I don’t need to have a ./debian/patches in my repository;
>>  all that information, along with a rich history of changes, is already
>>  in git.

> echo .pc/ >>.gitignore
> echo debian/patches/ >>.gitignore

        OK. I guess I could do that. Scrub that.

>>         I admit, I don’t much care whether the source debian.tar.xz
>>  reflects my repository or not, if it didn’t leave artifacts that
>>  dirtied my working tree when creating the source package.

> These artifacts are no different from the rest of build droppings, ie, they
> can be gitignored just the same.

        No, since the other artifact are created on my build daemon
 remotely; just the dpkg-source -b bits are left. However, adding to the
 .gitignore would address that.

>>  I also sometimes unpack debian source packages on machines without dpkg
>>  on them; source format 1.0 makes it somewhat easier.

> Valid point.

        :-)

        The bit about my source repo not being the same as tghe source
 package does irritate dgit; and I care more about that publication
 channel than I do about 3.0 (quilt)

        manoj
--
"Don't hate me because I'm beautiful.  Hate me because I'm beautiful,
smart and rich." -- Calvin Keegan