Re: hdparm needs a new maintainer

This might also be of interest to package/maintain/integrate:

https://github.com/Drive-Trust-Alliance/sedutil

I saw a comment about the --security arguments to hdparm being
somewhat unreliable.

On Tue, Mar 01, 2016 at 05:02:32PM +0100, Ivan Gimenez wrote:
> Hi
>
> For me it is ok, I am just a newbie in packaging.
>
> I have received help from a debian mentor Anibal Montalve Salazar <
> anibal@debian.org>, but I got no references for gbp
>  (yet another Debian packaging toolchain ? )
>
> what is exactly a collab-maint repository,  a Git repo for the package host
> somewhere ?
>

> I am ok with whatever, Plz go ahead creating the repo (if have permissions).
>

> Regards
> Ivan
>

> On Tue, Mar 1, 2016 at 4:48 PM, Alex Mestiashvili <mailatgoogl@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > On 03/01/2016 10:13 AM, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > hdparm is a popular package which has been recently orphaned (see
> > > #816168). It provides an udeb so it might be needed/useful in the context
> > > of debian-installer too. There are multiple reverse dependencies too.
> > >
> > > There are 4 RC bugs against it and a new upstream release waiting to be
> > > packaged.
> > >
> > > It would be nice if some people could take over the package and bring it
> > > back to shape. Ccing debian-mentors since new contributors are likely to
> > > follow that list.
> > >
> > > https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/hdparm
> > >
> > > The package description is:
> > >  Get/set device parameters for Linux SATA/IDE drives.
> > >  Primary use is for enabling irq-unmasking and IDE multiplemode.
> > >
> > > Thank you,
> > >

> > Hi All,
> >
> > As there are at least 3 persons ( including me :) ) interesting in the
> > package, I think it will be a good use case for a collab-maint repository.
> > Further I suggest to use gbp [0] and also switch to debhelper.
> >
> > I've played a bit already with the package and ready to push the first
> > draft.
> >
> > Shell I go ahead and create the collab-main/hdparm.git ?  ( hope I still
> > have the rights for it )
> >
> > Regards,
> > Alex
> >
> > [0] https://wiki.debian.org/PackagingWithGit

Troy Benjegerdes                 'da hozer'                  hozer@hozed.org
7 elements      earth::water::air::fire::mind::spirit::soul        grid.coop

      Never pick a fight with someone who buys ink by the barrel,
         nor try buy a hacker who makes money by the megahash