are -dbgsym packages supposed to be modified?

Hi,

this is seen with the recent upload of the librevenge package. The maintainer scripts modify the librevenge-0.0-0-dbgsym package to include the gdb pretty printer files (around 10kB of python scripts). I got aware of this, because the package fails to build on Launchpad, not yet having the new dbgsym packages enabled. It probably will fail to build on other build infrastructures as well. I couldn't find anything in policy which allows or forbids modification of -dbgsym packages, but think it's worth to document this in policy whether the outcome is. While the pretty printers are not that useful without debug information, the size of these files compared to the library package (821kB) is sufficiently small that it could be including in the library package itself.

Matthias