Re: chromium disabling use of shared libs, BoringSSL

Quoting Daniel Pocock (2016-02-09 17:47:46)
> Chromium upstream are keen to discourage use of shared libraries on
> the system and encourage packagers to bundle their own versions.
>
> This has been discussed in the context of libsrtp[1] but I can imagine
> them using the same approach for other things in Chromium.

https://wiki.debian.org/EmbeddedCodeCopies mentions the following:

libevent ffmpeg glew webkit icu expat unicode-data minizip libxml2
protobuf libv8 nspr yasm libxslt sqlite3 snappy srtp tlslite

Seems not all of above are still true, however: Package in Sid links
against system shared ffmpeg and srtp, at least.

> Has anybody else come across these situations with Chromium or Google
> developers or other projects using BoringSSL?
>
> Will the security team be happy to continue supporting the package?

I would hope they are not happy about current situation either...

 - Jonas