Re: another mount issue on jessie

On 08/02/16 20:58, Sebastian Kuzminsky wrote:
> The problem only manifests when running the Jessie or Wheezy kernel (on
> the Jessie userspace) and Gnome is installed and colord, packagekit, and
> rtkit-daemon are all running.

Does "are all running" mean literally colord && packagekit && rtkit-daemon?

colord and rtkit-daemon both use systemd security-hardening features
that are implemented in terms of mount namespaces (namely
PrivateTmp=yes) so I wouldn't be particularly surprised if those had
some interaction with shared/private mount stuff. It's not quite
containerization, but it's a limited version of the same thing.

You could try putting

[Service]
PrivateTmp=no

in /etc/systemd/system/{colord,rtkit-daemon}.service.d/local.conf, and
see whether that has any effect after a `systemctl daemon-reload` or a
reboot?

I'd be somewhat surprised if packagekit affects mount issues, because
its systemd unit doesn't seem to do anything with mount namespaces, but
maybe it does something similar in its C code.