Re: Before I send a bug report to change DebTags please do some sanity check

On Mon, Feb 08, 2016 at 01:42:03PM +0000, Ben Hutchings wrote:

> On Mon, 2016-02-08 at 13:45 +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
> [...]
> > I was guided by
> > the consideration that everything that has (could have) a mime type
> > might be specified as works-with-format::*.  The fact that there is an
> > ongoing effort to register mime types was motivating me for the change.
> > Is my general consideration that there should be a mime tyoe
> > works-with-format:: match sensible or not (and should we possible
> > refresh the discussion in case there might be mime types for biological
> > formats or not).
> [...]
>
> This seems potentially redundant with AppStream (DEP-11) metadata.

If now we have supported mimetypes as information already available in
the archive and searchable in user systems, I propose to finally ditch
the works-with-format facet in favour of something that actually works
\o/

Enrico

--
GPG key: 4096R/E7AD5568 2009-05-08 Enrico Zini <enrico@enricozini.org>