Libbsd availability was Re: Having a single, good arc4random in Debian

On January 18, 2016 12:57:27 PM EST, Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org> wrote:
>I'm all in favor of this, but when working on this, please take the
>concerns of upstream into account.  libbsd is readily available on
>Debian,
>but I don't know if that's the case on the other systems that upstream
>is
>trying to support, so they're going to be understandably worried about
>portability.

I looked into this a last year or possibly the year before when I was trying to get an upstream to drop embedded copies of functions provided by libbsd.  I found it was packaged for all major Linux distributions, enough coverage to get the upstream in question to just depend on it being available.

Scott K