Re: lirc systemd packaging (Was: Removing sysV init files)

On 17/01/16 11:36, Alec Leamas wrote:
> On 17/01/16 03:23, Jonathan de Boyne Pollard wrote:
>> A quick check of the log revealed that the service was trying to create
>> a local-domain socket at |/run/lirc/lircd| . But there was no
>> |/run/lirc/| directory on my system to contain that.  Your systemd units
>> didn't make one
>
> As I stated in previous reply, temporary files are created using the
> tmpfiles.d mechanism (where the .service/.socket files isn't involved in
> any way).

I'm not sure that nosh should claim to support systemd units if it
doesn't either support tmpfiles.d, or depend on a standalone
implementation of the tmpfiles.d "protocol" (that is guaranteed to be
run before systemd units with DefaultDependencies=yes). The tmpfiles.d
mechanism is rather simple, and the ability to assume that tmpfiles.d
entries are supported is one of the factors that contributes to systemd
units being simple and declarative.