Re: Re: Re: support for merged /usr in Debian

On Sun, Jan 10, 2016 at 10:56:21AM +0100, Eric Valette wrote:
Russ Allbery writes:

>For one specific example, it's become quite clear over the past year that
>systemd has achieved the same status as abortion debates in US politics.
>Not only is it clear that we will *never* stop arguing about systemd,
>opposition to or support of systemd has turned into a tribal identity
>marker for at least some people.

Your example comparing systemd debate vs abortion debate is definitively
insane : abortion is a philosophical debate that mainly roots whether you

Unbelievable!! What part don't you understand? He says it's "achieved
the same status", even I, understood at least that much.

"Achieved the same status" BUT for totally different fundamental reasons so the reasoning is totally void. The analogy by itself, I let him the responsibility of comparing technical decisions to a matter of life or death....

-- eric