Re: support for merged /usr in Debian

While reading the LWN article about this, I had a thought that might
be interesting.

The packages should all install to /usr and $something should
automatically manage the contents of /bin /sbin /lib (/boot?) based on
the tools needed to mount /usr (perhaps plus some more recovery
tools), just like we do with initramfs-tools/dracut automatically
managing the contents of the initramfs based on the tools needed to
mount the /usr partition. However, as Simon suggests it may not be
feasible to automatically determine what the contents of /bin /sbin
/lib should be.

https://lwn.net/Articles/670071/
[🔎] 568CE53E.9020802@debian.org">https://lists.debian.org/msgid-search/[🔎] 568CE53E.9020802@debian.org

--