Re: MBF Announcement: Transition libpng12 -> libpng16

On Tue, Jan 05, 2016 at 09:58:03PM +0100, Rene Engelhard wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 05, 2016 at 09:50:58PM +0100, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> > Rene Engelhard, on Tue 05 Jan 2016 21:43:33 +0100, wrote:
> > > So that it will immediately fail when something eventually picks
> > > up the experimental packages (as experimental buildds right now do in some
> > > situations)?
> >
> > ? No, experimental buildds only pick from experimental what is not
> > available from sid. If something is available from sid, they will pick
> > it up from there, even if experimental has a newer version.
>
> That is demonstrateable untrue since the resolver switch a few times ago.

See e.g.

https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=libreoffice&arch=i386&ver=1%3A5.1.0~alpha1-3&stamp=1446915107

firebird-dev in sid satifies the build-dep and still it was installed from
experimental.

(Also OpenJDK 8 was installed (LO only build-deps on default-jdk, which was
and is 7 in sid, just 8 in experimental)

(yes, I added a build-conflicts against firebird 3 later to work around that.)

https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=libreoffice&arch=hppa&ver=1%3A5.1.0~rc1-1&stamp=1450594629

libmdds-dev in unstable satifies the build-dep, still the experimental one was
installed.

(Build-Conflicts will be added in the next upload as a workaround.)

Regards,

Rene