Re: support for merged /usr in Debian

On Jan 03, Simon Richter <sjr@debian.org> wrote:

> > "I have always done this in a different way" is not a valid use case,
> > sorry.
> "Compatibility" is a very valid use case. Debian is famous for backwards
> compatibility and trouble-free upgrades.
Requiring to use an initramfs in some configurations does not break
compatibility nor causes significant troubles on upgrades.

> However, this also means that systemd can never fully replace sysvinit,
> except on desktops, laptops and servers that follow a standard layout.
I see no reason why this would be true.
Anyway, if you think that the merged /usr scheme is about systemd then
you are automatically disqualified from taking part in this discussion
because you are not understanding the basic underlying issues.

--
ciao,
Marco