Re: binNMU or reproducible builds (choose only one)

+++ Santiago Vila [2015-09-17 22:53 +0200]:
> [ Dropping cc and moving to devel only ].
>

> Well, from the point of view of build-reproducibility, what is broken is the
> whole binNMU idea.

It also causes a lot of trouble for multiarch. To be co-installable
libraries need to have exactly the same version. As soon as you binNMU
one its version doesn't match so it becomes uninstallable alongside
another arch.

This is tracked here:

It would become moot if we always had sourceful uploads.

Wookey
http://wookware.org/