Re: [DH] Planning to remove deprecated commands and compat levels in debhelper

On 09/14/2015 08:38 AM, Niels Thykier wrote:
> On 2015-09-13 21:02, Matthias Klose wrote:
>> [...]
>>
>> still using the globbing feature for command line arguments in DH_COMPAT=2 mode.
>>  Was this re-added in higher levels again?
>>
>>   Matthias
>>

> Hi Matthias,
>
> Ok, I was not aware of this feature.  To be honest, I suspect it was an
> artefact of the old implementation rather than being intentional.
> Digging through the documentation and the commit logs, I could not find
> any mention of it.
>
> Are you using dh_movefiles here because dh_install does not support wild
> arguments?  Or would dh_install not work for you regardless?

I didn't check if dh_install supports wild card arguments.  I'm using
dh_movefiles to check if I package every relevant file, so assuming dh_install
would support the globbing, this still leaves the question how to check for the
completeness of the packaging.  And I'm not going to write 150 .install files
just to be able to use dh_install --missing.  If there's no solution, I just
would embed a dh_movefiles copy in the packaging.

Matthias