Re: version format for git snapshot

On 14 September 2015 at 07:51, Thomas Koch <thomas@koch.ro> wrote:
> How would you format the upstream part of the packages version number? How
> about 0.4+24+git+a5e5f9e?
>
> The git describe output is v0.4-24-ga5e5f9e.
>
> Is there any established best practice?

I usually add +git20YYMMDD.hashhash suffix (or ~, if it's right before
the release). Sometimes, I use only +githashhash, when it's guaranteed
there's only one snapshot per release (I have an upstream that forgets
to tag releases in git, and their tarballs are unusable for some
reason).

--
Cheers,
  Andrew