Re: Security concerns with minified javascript code

 ❦ 31 août 2015 11:21 -0400, Marvin Renich <mrvn@renich.org> :

>> > However, this is a readable source code that will accomodate any
>> > modification that a end user will deem necessary.
>
> I intentionally did not look at the file referred to above, and have no
> idea whether I would consider it to be a "preferred form" or not.  I
> merely wanted to debunk the "original author's preferred form is the
> only form that can be considered preferred" statement.

Well, I agree with you: there are too many use cases to only have one
preferred form. And this whole thread has a bunch of people who assume
that the unminified jquery.js file is the preferred form of
modification.

The easy actionable step that can be done is to just ensure that
packages are shipped with those pre-minification JS files (considered as
source files) and minify them with either yui-compressor or uglifyjs
that are present in main.
--
It usually takes more than three weeks to prepare a good impromptu speech.
		-- Mark Twain