Re: Ad-hoc survey of existing Debian git integration tools

On Mon, Jul 20, 2015 at 05:46:15PM +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:
> I would like to think some more about the workflows of the existing
> tools people are using to work with Debian and git, so that I can
> provide good guidance for how these tools work with dgit (and perhaps
> send feature requests for those tools, or know what extra features are
> needed in dgit).
>
> I am aware of:
>
>  * dgit (obviously)
>  * git-buildpackage (and git-import-dsc[s], gbp-pq, etc.)
>  * git-dpm
>  * git-debian-* (in git-stuff)
>  * gitpkg and git-debimport (in gitpkg)

I've been using plain git (and trying not to forget to run "git clean -f
-x" when changing branches) for a while now. It works, although not
perfectly so.

--
It is easy to love a country that is famous for chocolate and beer

  -- Barack Obama, speaking in Brussels, Belgium, 2014-03-26