Re: Packaging certain libraries as "end-user software"

On 07/19/2015 11:06 AM, Eduard Bloch wrote:
> ... even if there are no users who care! And won't care in
> future because it's clear that upstream is not using a stable API.

since the sceintific community was mentioned as the background for these
users: i doubt whether they won't care *because* it's clear that
upstream is not using a stable API.
in my experience these¹ are the sort of users who don't care because ...
they don't know it better.
any promise on a stable API (or not) is kind of lost.
which probably makes a good point for static linking.

gfmdsar
IOhannes

¹ and i consider myself a proud member of this community (probably with
a stronger sense about APIs and programming in general...)