Re: debian github organization ?

On 19/07/15 23:36, Florian Weimer wrote:
The single account policy means that users
would have to share authentication information across different roles,
which may not be acceptable.

I am not sure why this would be unacceptable to anyone. Authentication is your ability to prove who you are. GitHub accounts provide this. Authorization is your permission to commit to repositories. Your authorization to commit to one repository has no effect on other repositories to which you have commit access.

If your GitHub account were granted membership of a Debian organization, how would that affect third parties in a way that might be of concern to them? I am interested to know if you have experienced such a case.

(You could argue that organization objecting to such sharing should
pay for an account for their users, though.)

Indeed.

Kind regards,

--
Ben Caradoc-Davies <ben@transient.nz>