Re: Cluebat needed: Proper way to reference MathJax.js

Hi Dirk,

Quoting Dirk Eddelbuettel (2015-07-12 23:36:43)
> An infrequently updated package has doxygen documentation with lots of
>
>  <script src="http://cdn.mathjax.org/mathjax/latest/MathJax.js";></script>
>
> which lintian complains about as the page goes to a remote site. But
> exactly what string am I suppose to place in src="..."?
>
> I can't just to do
>
>  <script src="file://usr/share/javascript/mathjax/MathJax.js"></script>
>
> as that would presume a global filesystem view of the webbrowser.
>
> And given our different web servers, is there a common root, say,
> /javascript/, for all of them?
>
> Quick help would greatly appreciated.  Please do CC me as I am not
> currently subscribed to d-devel.

To make it work only when served by a webbrowser, use this:

  <script src="/javascript/mathjax/MathJax.js"></script>

...and make sure javascript-common is installed and in use by the
web-server (all libjs-* packages should recommend it, and it should be
enabled by default for apache).

To make it work only offline, use this:

  <script src="file://usr/share/javascript/mathjax/MathJax.js"></script>

To make it work both offline and offline, use this:

  <script src="/usr/share/javascript/mathjax/MathJax.js"></script>

...and edit /etc/apache2/conf-available/javascript-common.conf or
/etc/lighttpd/conf-available/90-javascript-alias.conf to use
"/usr/share/javascript/" as base path.

There's a bug about that issue: https://bugs.debian.org/553173

And an old thread:
https://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-javascript-devel/2013-August/005894.html

Please consider sharing your opinions at either of those places.

 - Jonas