Re: Facilitating external repositories

Le vendredi 12 juin 2015, 00:59:51 Wouter Verhelst a écrit :
> On Thu, Jun 11, 2015 at 12:38:29PM +0200, Bálint Réczey wrote:
> > I see eid-mw is built on for i386 and amd64, while I assume it would
> > build and work perfectly on arm* laptops and computers as well:
> > https://files.eid.belgium.be/debian/pool/main/e/eid-mw/
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Balint

I was curious, so I tried it on Raspbian's "almost-armhf" architecture
& it works ! The java applet is a bit slow, but some embedded
application would use some other language.

Having an "armhf" package in a Debian unnofficial repo
means that it must still be recompiled for Raspbian
because there armhf means something else.

(or the armhf package could be build in a way that
amrv7 instructions are allways avoided, or a separate
repos is built only for Raspbian)

The "eid-viewer" is now an 'any' package, but couldn't it be an 'all'
because it only include a java program, an icon & a .desktop file?

Alexandre Detiste