Re: Regarding Debian development

On Tue, Jun 2, 2015 at 4:22 PM, Himanshu Shekhar wrote:

> 1. An application, however small which could be downloaded on any machine
> that would check the users' system and automatically suggest a list of
> debian versions available to download.

We always suggest using the latest stable version.

> 2. Simple GUI support to install Debian alongside windows because users
> won't remove windows at once. They need to have a taste before having the
> entire dish served. Live ISO images work, but won't give the actual feel of
> the OS.

The installer supports installing alongside Windows. You can even boot
the installer from Windows. Live ISO images should be identical to the
installed system, if they aren't then that is a issue we need to fix.

https://www.debian.org/releases/stable/amd64/ch05s01.html.en#boot-win32

> 3. More justifications on the coming UEFI/BIOS confusion, what works and
> what doesn't?

UEFI should work, if it doesn't you will need to file an installation report:

https://www.debian.org/releases/stable/amd64/ch05s04.html.en#problem-report

> 4. The MOST IMPORTANT THING ABOUT WHICH I NEED INFO ASAP:
>  What are the softwares included in the Debian iso images. The official link
> uses terms as more, less, sufficient, but people need to know exactly what
> programs are they going to have in the version they are downloading.

The available programs after installation depends on what choices you
make when installing Debian.

> I hope that the improvements suggested by me would be available soon, and if
> available then they would be more accessible on the website or in the
> manuals.

I would encourage you to get involved and help make them happen.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise