Re: selinux-policy-default missing in jessie

On Fri, 17 Apr 2015 13:50:26 +0200
Tobias Bengfort <tobias.bengfort@posteo.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I recently updated my system to jessie. I noticed that some packages
> were gone, notably selinux-policy-default. As far as I understand they
> have no chance of coming back in because jessie is already frozen. So
> do I understand correctly that SELinux will not be included in the
> upcoming version of debian? Or is there some workaround/alternative I
> do not yet know about?

policycoreutils and checkpolicy are in Jessie. It's the refpolicy
source package which was removed from Jessie in December 2014 and has 3
RC bugs.

https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/refpolicy

So it depends on your need for binaries provided by refpolicy. If I
understand it correctly, existing policies will work and policies can
still be defined but the default references have unfixed
release-criticial issues.

--

Neil Williams