Re: Minified javascripts in packages

> On Wed, 15 Apr 2015 16:55:56 +0100
> Ian Jackson <ijackson@chiark.greenend.org.uk> wrote:
>> Vincent Bernat writes ("Re: Minified _javascript_s in packages"):
>> >13 avril 2015 17:37 +1000, Ben Finney <ben+debian@benfinney.id.au> :
>> >
>> >Usually, this is something like this:
>> > http://modernizr.com/download/#-fontface-backgroundsize-borderimage-borderradius-boxshadow-flexbox-hsla-multiplebgs-opacity-rgba-textshadow-cssanimations-csscolumns-generatedcontent-cssgradients-cssreflections-csstransforms-csstransforms3d-csstransitions-applicationcache-canvas-canvastext-draganddrop-hashchange-history-audio-video-indexeddb-input-inputtypes-localstorage-postmessage-sessionstorage-websockets-websqldatabase-webworkers-geolocation-inlinesvg-smil-svg-svgclippaths-touch-webgl-shiv-cssclasses-addtest-prefixed-teststyles-testprop-testallprops-hasevent-prefixes-domprefixes-load
>>
>> The preferred form for modification of the result is the web site plus
>> that url, isn't it, then ?
>
> What if that website goes down one day?

The source of modernizr is here:
https://github.com/Modernizr/Modernizr/tree/master/src

The fact the building tools for this software are not in debian should motivate maintainers
to actually package grunt, not rediscuss rules or best practices.

I wish "Small Node.js packages in NEW" thread were more discussed:
https://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-_javascript_-devel/2015-April/010242.html
because we have a real problem to solve there...

Jérémy