Re: how to remove libsystemd0 from a live-running debian desktop system

Le lundi, 16 février 2015, 13.38:01 Adam Borowski a écrit :
> Second, all but one (upower) of affected packages can be recompiled to
> drop the dependency.  If you bothered to read lists you're subscribed
> to, you would probably know of my set of deinfected packages at:
>  deb     http://angband.pl/debian nosystemd
>  deb-src http://angband.pl/debian nosystemd
> which are included for example in Trios.  After such a recompilation,
> you can have a systemd-free system with no functionality loss -- in
> fact, it does solve some regressions compared to systemd-using hacks
> like -shim.

Given a common interface (such as 'nosystemd' in DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS),
I, for one, would most probably include (whishlist-level) patches
reducing this repetitive work to needing to set up automatic buildds
setting the correct options.

I'm mostly happy with systemd, but unhappy when people go monkey-patch a
lot of packages when scalable and maintainable solutions could make
everyone's life easier. Sure, including patches for build-time toggling
of systemd support slightly increases the maintenance, but now that we
have VCS'es everywhere, I tend to think it's mostly a one-time work.

Cheers,
OdyX