Re: Any way to apply patch on some archs only?

Le Thu Jan 29 2015 at 7:29:20 AM, Jackson Doak <noskcaj@ubuntu.com> a écrit :
I don't know the exact way, but you can do it with some debian/rules magic.
What's the issue with patching the non-affected arches?
I could in this specific case, but I do not know the real impact of the patch. I think that if upstream used this solution, it may be because it is best, even if both work.

In a more general way, there may be cases where a patch is needed for one arch and not for an other, and may add complex setups to make it work in any case. Applying patch only on failing arch would certainly ease some cases.