Re: Prevent #568008 from being archived

On Sat, Jan 24, 2015 at 4:33 PM, Patrick Häcker <pat_h@web.de> wrote:

> I could not find the reason why #568008 got archived again. Could someone
> please tell me what I have to do to avoid having it automatically archived in
> its current state?
> Or was it a mistake to reopen a bug when I assume there is a regression?

The BTS automatically archives closed bugs after about a month of inactivity.

If you want to reopen that bug you have to:
1) unarchive it
2) remove the "closed" state. i.e. use the reopen [0] command (also
notfixed is fine in some cases)
3) parhps mark it as found in the current version [1]

I did not read that bug report, but usually maintainers prefer to have
a new bug report (with a reference to the old bug) in the case of
regression.

[0] https://www.debian.org/Bugs/server-control#reopen
[1] https://www.debian.org/Bugs/server-control#found

--